Kaleidoscope Creations

thecutstudio @ gmail . com

Saturday, February 5, 2022

Autum bed

 A couple of projects I made for my bed to give my room a fall vibe awhile back.

The afghan I had started some time before I decided to make the shams.

I already had the material for the pillow shams. Fabric that had been sitting for ages and I finally put it to use.  I was lucky the blue I had was a very close match to the comforter, which is a dark blue. I do need a new comforter now. It's looking a bit shabby between the cat having raced across the bed on multiple occasions and making little tears and the stitching giving out that holds the batting inside. But finding one that isn't made of plastic (polyester - 'microfiber') is just about like trying to find a unicorn. The problem with polyester (besides more plastic the world doesn't need) is it generates a lot of static. No thanks!! My mother-in-law had bought my kids 'microfiber' sheet sets once. I vowed that would be it and that material would not make it onto beds again when those were gone. Hate, hate, hate it! Anyway....

 I don't have a ruffle foot for my sewing machine, I had to baste stitch and ruffle it by hand! (not fun) 





No comments: