Kaleidoscope Creations

thecutstudio @ gmail . com

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

My scrap room

Ok, over a year and a half later I'm finally uploading the pics of my room. These are how it originally looked, there's been some small changes since. I may do an updated room post this fall. It's in desperate need of a clean up which is a bit of a challenge right now. This was my daughter's room and I took it over after her first year of college since at least 7 1/2 months of the year it wasn't really being used. During her time at home she uses an air mattress on the floor. The small closet is still all hers and she still has her bookshelf in a corner of the room you can't see. (you can just barely see a corner of it in the last pic next to the window.)

The photos start with an overall view and then go around the room counter clockwise. I painted all the white pieces to 'match'. I kept my sewing table original and painted the small bookshelf brown. I think having the few dark pieces helps ground it all. (my daughter's bookshelf was already painted brown, I got the same color to do mine.)  The big pink unicorn helps keep the cat from jumping up on top of those baskets up there.


You can see the post about my paper storage acquisition here: http://kaleidoscopecreations.blogspot.com/2018/03/paper-storage.html  My hutch was created from an old dresser and old bookshelf painted to go together and match the other pieces.





No comments: