Kaleidoscope Creations

thecutstudio @ gmail . com

Sunday, August 16, 2015

I'm on a roll...

The last few days or so I've really been enjoying making knock-offs or 'counterfeit' cards from ones I've seen online. The idea being to recreate the cards using what I have on hand which may be similar to the products in the cards.

Here are 2 more cards from the Lawn Fawn design team that caught my eye. I knew I had a bee and a polaroid camera. (I still keep eyeing that adorable LF bee though!) 

Here's my versions followed by the originals.  On the bee card, I used a cutterbee perforating tool rolled in ink to give me some stitch lines. The lines are pretty light so I went over them with a pen. (The white stitching is freehand though.)  On the camera card I used an embossing folder to imitate the ray paper used on the original. I chalked the rays with a darker color to mimic the patterned paper.

http://lawnfawn.blogspot.com/

No comments: