Kaleidoscope Creations

thecutstudio @ gmail . com

Thursday, November 17, 2011

The great pumquash experiment...

This is the result. Now, if you don't know what the great pumquash experiment is you need to click here first to read how it came about. So here they are, looking all cute. I ended up with 7 before the frost got too bad. I lost a few babies but all in all, not too shabby really. (Especially considering I do not have a great garden and then the other things I had to contend with.)  

Well, this one had started getting all soft and molding on one side so it was time to cut one open to see what surprise awaited inside. Would it be more like a pumpkin (as the outside suggests)? Or would the inside reveal more of a summer squash? It looks like it's mommy on the outside but...  

It takes after it's daddy on the inside. I'm a bit bummed about that. I was hoping it was going to be a great new way to have pumpkins for eating. Looks like it won't be pumpkin pie, they'll have to be used like you would summer squash/zucchini.

2 comments:

Catherine1216 said...

Tam,
This is so interesting. I'm glad you updated. I'll have to try this.

Chris said...

I love squash pie - maybe better than pumpkin, and squash bread is to die for! I also love squash with butter, mmmm - now I need to go buy some squash! I love summer winter or fall squash.