Kaleidoscope Creations

thecutstudio @ gmail . com

Saturday, January 31, 2015

I love you card

I made this card for the ScrapyLand Challenge blog.
The theme was spots and dots. Since we are coming up on Valentine's Day, I thought a love themed card would be a good one.

I used the Spellbinders D-Lites Ornamental Tags One  and embossed some silver metallic tape.

'I love you' was dry embossed on the die and traced over with a silver stardust pen. (This was done using the folder open and the 'blind method' of dry embossing. Which basically means you have to rub firmly over your paper with a blunt object or your embossing tool to find your lines you need to trace with a stylus. A light box does not work with paper that is too dark.)

Sorry for the off colors - my camera didn't capture the red very well and made it look pink.


2 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Love that Spellbinders tag!! Great Card! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #10!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Tam! what a fabulous card design! LOVE that tag (I have not seen it before), and most especially, I am in love with your heart embossed metal piece! Wow! Great card design.

I am now your newest google follower - it will be fun seeing your new creations.

And now - for my other hat -- Thanks for playing in the Scrapy Land Challenge using die cuts! I hope to see more of your pretty projects in the next challenge, too! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}