Kaleidoscope Creations

thecutstudio @ gmail . com

Monday, May 13, 2013

DIY easel (presentation) binder

I recently dowloaded a sketch book from Scrapbook Generation and the printout is in landscape form. Someone showed me a presentation binder online which would make it easy to look at my sketches without having to remove them from the binder (or have to turn the binder). So I thought, I bet I can make one myself! And this is what I came up with.

And voila! Here it is! Super simple, you can use a binder you already have. And if you need to move onto a bigger binder or a new one because it's falling apart, you can simply move your 'easel' part to a new one!

All you need is a couple of binder clips and a small piece of ribbon or yarn. Tie it to the binder clips and clip the edges of your binder like this. You simply flip the top of your binder back so it's 'inside out' before you clip both sides.


Or you can dress it up a little bit with some buttons or something.

And then when you need to close the binder, just unclip the back one and clip it onto the cover.


2 comments:

LauraB said...

Thanks for sharing! That is a great idea- I'm always trying to prop the sketch up to look at it while I'm using it so will have to give this a try!

Scrapbook Generation said...

Great idea! I'll have to try that myself! -- Debbie