Kaleidoscope Creations

thecutstudio @ gmail . com

Friday, September 24, 2010

Decorating for fall

Thought I'd share what I've done for fall around the house. Well, it's just the living room and kitchen really. I love, love, love fall! I need more decorations. LOL *click the pics if you want to see them larger* In my living room I have a little fall village set up on my entertainment center. A piece of fall fabric covers the black surround speakers. (Usually there's books up there in front of them. I hate the speakers!) The little flower arrangements behind are ones I made from my wedding. :) Here we have my fireplace. I got a few flower bunches at Michaels on sale AND an additional 15% off. Tagged at $2.99 each, I got them for 84c each. I put 3 together that were 2 varieties for a pretty fall bunch in my blue vase. I got the little tealight lantern in the wedding section with a coupon. The little black birdcage came from the dollar bins and I bought a little pie pumpkin (isn't it cute??) at the grocery store. Decoration AND food! LOL Later I can cook it up for pumpkin bread. The faux pumpkin on the floor is actually a jack o'lantern from my MIL's. I just turn the face around to the wall. (BTW - did you see how much a fake pumpkin costs?? Here's a bit closer up of the top. Now we go into my kitchen. This is my light fixture. Without the harsh light from picture taking, it looks better in person. I just hate how those darn eco bulbs show up over the edge of the light shade thingamabobs. Here's a little centerpiece thing for my table. I made the ring last year with some stuff I've had sitting around for some time. I just had to buy the vine wreath. I'm not thrilled with how it came out but it'll do. I think I put the leaves on too flat. Last year I had a jar candle in it but this year I bought a hurricane glass. ($1.99 and then I used a 40% coupon. *grin*) I still need to get a candle to go inside. I'd like to get a couple of votives for each side I think. I'm thinking amber glass. And then here we have my kitchen shelves. Not really dressed up except a couple tiny baskets and the colors of the Tuscany images are fallish. I mainly just wanted to post it. LOL My online scrap-friend Mindy (family blog: Center of Attention) bought me one of the pictures after I had posted about them on a message board we frequent (wasn't that sweet of her?!). I couldn't believe my luck when I found the second one in Michaels. It was the ONLY one! BTW - we aren't really wine drinkers. LOL We've bought the Luna one in the picture, but the other ones were sent to me from my friend Jenny on the same message board I know Mindy from. She's a lush. ROFL Just kidding. It was really sweet of her (and her husband) to add to my decor. Her husband even made the card she sent with it. I love it! It says 'Ask (outside) and you shall receive my junk (inside)'. LOL!! I used to post cleaning threads on the board so Jenny had even sent a couple of 'Mad Housewife' wine bottles. LOL They're on top of the cabinets. Well, thanks for stopping by to check out my little bit of fall decor. Happy autumn!!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I love all of your decorations, and your house is gorgeous. Here in Florida, I can't start decorating for fall until late Oct, early Nov, because it is still hot. (ugh)
I used to live up North, and I really miss the color changes and the cool crisp mornings.
Stacy

Lolliscraps said...

I love your decorations. They look great!

Mindy :) said...

It all looks great!