Kaleidoscope Creations

thecutstudio @ gmail . com

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Paper storage

This post is way long overdue since I did this nearly 2 years ago but I'm finally going to post the pics. I need to post the ones of my room sometime, too.

I got this small entertainment center at Goodwill. It was marked for $10 but it happened to have a blue price sticker and it was blue tag week so I got it for $5. SCORE!! It's all wood - not particle board junk - and that was the other selling point. I wouldn't have wanted it otherwise. (Personally, I think particle board and MDF should be outlawed! :p ) I'm not sure, but this might actually be a handmade item.

I knew the size and depth would be perfect for storing 12x12 paper. I just needed to do some tweaks to it and give it a paint job. This is the before, with my cat checking it all out.
During my remodeling process. The decorative front on the bottom that is also a bit of the feet was damaged. One was just about broken off. Plus, I figured if I removed it I could also fit a couple of plastic cases under there. I also needed to move the top shelf down and decided the decorative piece on the front of it would be better at the top of the unit.
I also removed the backing piece at the bottom with the hole cut out. I replaced it with another larger piece (I had plenty left from another piece of furniture) that went from top to almost the floor. This would give it a solid back and would also help stabilize the whole structure. Here's the after - though I didn't have the knobs on the bottom doors yet.






No comments: