Kaleidoscope Creations

thecutstudio @ gmail . com

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Simple 6 x 6 paper storage

I made this little box for my 6 x 6 papers using some leftover foam core I had laying around.. I simply measured and cut my pieces and glued them together with a hot glue gun. Then I reinforced all the outside edges with masking tape. Covered with paper and added a picture from an old, small calendar to the front. I also made dividers by cutting the backing from paper stacks/pads down to size. The tabs are made from 2" strips, folded in half, then cut to 1 1/2 inches wide. Punch corners with corner rounder.
The box is a bit wider than intended because I ended up gluing the sides to the sides of the bottom piece instead of on top of it. I have plenty of room in it so I stuck an additional piece of foam core inside to partition it (though it's not glued) and my embossing folder samples I keep on a ring is behind the paper.

7 comments:

AerynK Designs said...

Cuteness. I keep thinking I should do this. Do you scrapbook by colour though, or collection?

Tam said...

I scrap by color (and theme). :)

Chris said...

This is a really great idea. I have a sheet of foam core laying around too. Thanks for sharing!

Stacy said...

Such a great idea,
Hugs, Stacy

Squirrel said...

I like that. I only buy 6x6 paper in packs though, and I wouldn't want to separate them. I like mine in their packs. Maybe when I get to the end of them, I might do that.

Rosey x

Georgina said...

Ooh great idea I love it!

Chris said...

Clever, and lovely too! - I didn't realize you've been at your blog working up a storm! The wreath with lights below is lovely too - I'm off to see what else you've been up to.