Kaleidoscope Creations

thecutstudio @ gmail . com

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Barrette embellished cards

Several years ago I had bought a package of plastic barrettes at a dollar store for my daughter. Turns out they weren't very good barrettes - they didn't snap closed well. I saved them though anyway thinking they could be used for crafting. So I have finally gotten around to making something with a few. I gave away some as part of a RAK and I wanted to show the person how they can be used. All you have to do is trim off the bar on the back (I saved that, too. Will think of something later.) Use them whole or snip them apart into individual elements. You may want to carefully trim around them with an x-acto knife where you took them apart. Attach with glue dots.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea!!! Love your cards!!
https://shawnsfiresidecraftingroom.blogspot.com

Stacy said...

I love this idea
Super cute
Hugs
Stacy

Catherine1216 said...

Tam,
I swear you come up the best ideas. I love your cards!

Catherine

Chris said...

Very nice Tam! Now I know what to do with some little goodies I have hanging around - thanks for all your great ideas!